Reclaim. Restore. Revive.
Dr. Arianna is the first provider and only gynecologist in Tucson performing ThermIVa at our women’s health center. And Now we are combining platelet rich therapy (PRP) with ThermIVa to enhance the benefits of collagen induction therapy!
We are pioneers in vaginal restoration! Dr. Arianna is the first provider and only gynecologist in Tucson performing ThermiVa. Now we are combining platelet rich therapy (PRP) with THERMIvaPRP(+) to enhance the benefits of collagen induction therapy.
At Tula Wellness we are experts in women’s wellness and vitality. Our regenerative medical treatments are done by clinicians with over 56 years combined experience in gynecology. Dr. Arianna performs ThermiVa. We are uniquely qualified to address the entire picture regarding women’s health. After ThermiVa treatments women frequently reschedule for consultations to address the many changes our bodies go through during the peri-menopause and menopausal period. We are able to discuss gynecological as well as sexual health. We also offer well woman exams and accept most major insurances.
When It Comes to Vaginal Rejuvenation, More is Better ~Tula Introduces THERMIvaPRP(+)
Now, with THERMIvaPRP(+) we can add the extra boost of platelet rich plasma to further enhance the effects of vaginal rejuvenation treatment. Use your own healing power to enhance this already amazing treatment. We are combing the “science of heat” in collagen rejuvenation with your own body’s ability to heal. We are already getting great results with ThermiVa. After the ThermiVa treatment, a vial of blood is drawn and spun down to extract the platelet rich plasma portion. PRP is injected following the application of a numbing cream. This procedure is only done by a physician, Dr. Arianna Sholes-Douglas. It can be performed alone or in conjunction with ThermiVa treatment.
Dr. Arianna Sholes Douglas, MD, FACOG specializes in Integrative Gynecology. Your THERMIVa or THERMIva-PRP(+) visits include a pelvic exam to assess any problems and to individualize your treatments. We perform ThermiVa treatments specifically to treat specific concerns. Because we are gynecologist, we are able to offer personalized, expert care. In certain instances, systemic or topical hormones may be advised and pelvic floor exercises may be instructed or we may refer those who need it for pelvic physical therapy. We have a array of products from Luna Beads to pleasure toys to assist you in achieving your feminine health goals.
Applying heat to tissue has become the standard for promoting collagen remodeling, which helps strengthen the structural support columns and improving the integrity of the skin.
ThermIVa is the most current FDA cleared ThermiHealth procedure, using the “Science of Heat” in a new, non-invasive, non-surgical procedure for vaginal laxity. The controlled radiofrequency energy transfers heat directly to the area to be treated. In clinical trials, the ThermIVa procedure has shown results in these one or more of areas:
Vaginal Laxity: to tighten the vagina at the introitus and the full length of the vaginal canal.
Vulvar/Labial Laxity: to tighten the labial tissues and reduce noticeable sag.
Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: to add softer and thicker skin and relieve dryness without the use of hormones.
Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence: to reduce accidents and leakage, and possibly reduce urge symptoms. Used with consistent Kegel exercises, ThermiVa may reduce or eliminate the need for mesh slings.
Sexual Dysfunction: to increase sensitivity and strengthen muscular contractions, leading to greater sexual satisfaction for women and their partners.
Reclaim. Restore. Revive.
Childbirth and the natural aging process cause changes which may affect feminine wellness. A particularly strenuous vaginal childbirth, multiple births, and the effects of menopause can cause physical changes which can rob women (and their partners) of their sense of well-being and happiness.
ThermiVa Patient Benefits
- 15-30 minute in-office procedure
- No prep needed, a true “Lunchtime” procedure
- Treats both loose labia majora and vagina in 30 minutes
- Competitors can treat labia only or vagina only but NOT BOTH
- Promotes tightening of vulvovaginal tissues
- Promotes new collagen to form
- Tighter skin
- Softer and smoother skin
- Patient controlled heat (no known blisters or burn)
- Temperature controlled handpiece set to the comfort level of patient
- Very comfortable warmth, little to no pain
- Thin and gently curved handpiece
- No lasers! No stinging! No discharge!
- No Downtime/Recovery or delay in sexual activity
- No Discharge/Odor
- No anesthesia, no shots, no numbing creams
- Single use handpiece (no transmission/infection risk)
- Very affordable
- Can be done 6 weeks after delivery and between pregnancies; Increased vaginal moisture and comfort (before, during, after sex)
- Reduced labial irritation
- Helps reduce leaky bladder – reduction in leaking with activity; reduction in urgency symptoms
- Improvement of muscular coordination and strength of squeeze
- May aid in orgasmic dysfunction (Clitoral and G-Spot treatment very safe)
- Treatment effects last 9-12 months
- Maintenance treatments only once to twice a year
How Does it Work?
The ThermiVa technology uses real-time temperature monitoring and regulation, ensuring that the therapeutic temperature delivered to the sub-q layer is reached, but more importantly, maintained.
ThermiVa contracts tissues to a tighter bundle. It encourages collagen production and may help in tissue and nerve healing. Radiofrequency’s therapeutic effects on muscular and tissue healing are well known and has been used in physical therapy practices for decades.
Who suffers from vaginal laxity?
Vaginal Laxity is very common in women who have experienced a vaginal delivery. This condition can also be a result of aging, obesity, chronic constipation, straining or lifting, or any activity that would cause the vagina to stretch beyond its normal capacity.
Who are candidates for ThermiVa?
- Women who are experiencing vaginal laxity and loose feeling for any reason
- Women who are displeased with the appearance of their labia majora, especially while wearing bathing suits, athletic attire, leggings, jeans, etc.
- Women who are experiencing sexual dissatisfaction or having orgasmic problems
- Women who are having difficulty retaining tampons or may have pelvic prolapse such as fallen bladder or fallen rectum
- Women who may suffer from urinary leakage
- Women who may suffer from dryness of their vagina or labia (atrophic vaginitis) due to the effects of menopause
Is ThermiVa safe?
FDA cleared IRB study conducted by ThermiVa physicians makes ThermiVa a safe alternative treatment to surgery for vaginal skin laxity. No blisters, burns, infections, organ or nerve damage have been seen or noted in hundreds of uses.
Are anesthetics needed for this procedure?
No. The treatment has a comfortable warmth.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure will take approximately 30 minutes for external and internal tightening. Your entire treatment will consist of 3 treatments spaced a month apart.
What’s the downtime?
None at all. Women can resume their normal sexual activity the same day.
How long do the results last?
An average of 9-12 months.
Who can provide ThermiVa treatments?
Dr. Arianna Sholes-Douglas is the first and only OB/GYN providers in Tucson that specialize in ThermiVa treatments.